KAMSC Computer Teams Have Their Most Award-Winning Season
The Kalamazoo Area Math and Science Center computer teams finished their most award-winning season ever and are eager to get started again. Included among their accomplishments this past season:
- American Computer Science League Classroom Division overall winners
- Eastern Michigan University MACUL Contest 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place winners
- University of Michigan Dearborn Engineering and Computer Science Experience 2nd, 4th place winners
- Evansville University ACM High School Programming Contest 1st, 3rd, 4th place winners
- Saginaw Valley State University ACM High School Programming Contest 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners
- Miami University-Ohio ACM High School Programming Contest 4th place winners
- ACSL All-Star International Invitational 2nd and 3rd place overall, 1st in Computer Math, 4th in Programming
Individual honors for KPS students included CodeWarrior inductions for Syed Husain, Tibin John, Jacob Texel, Matthew Weaver and Stuart Wheaton. Syed Husain, Tibin John and Jacob Texel were co-recipients of the KAMSC Outstanding Computer Science Student Book Award. Additionally, Syed Husain and Jacob Texel were USA Computing Olympiad silver medalists while Chad Bilicke, Faiz Khaja, Matthew Weaver and Stuart Wheaton received Computing Olympiad bronze awards.
KPS KAMSC students holding their awards are Chad Bilicke, Annalin Davis, Mary Farner, Ben Harmsen, Dylan Hawthorne, Daniel Houtrouw, Syed Husain, Tibin John, Faiz Khaja, Ravi Kothari, Nathan Kujacznski, Brianna LaBelle-Hahn, Paige Maguire, Allie Pines, Alex Robinson, Jacob Texel, Matthew Weaver, Stuart Wheaton, and Laura Wheeler. Not pictured is Lauren McGlinn.